If you are looking for a healthy and filling snack, why not try making some of these Carrot Cake Bliss Balls. They are great for a snack on the run and family friendly too! Keep some in the fridge (or freezer) for when those sweet cravings strike.
These tasty morsels are packed with nutrients such as Vitamins A, K & B6 and potassium from the carrots, fibre, protein and magnesium from the almonds and Vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 & B6 as well as iron, selenium and calcium from the coconut just to name a few.
1 cup chopped carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dried dates
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp nut butter (I used Mayver’s Super Spread, but any nut butter will do)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup desiccated coconut (to coat)
- Add carrots to food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add almonds and coconut flakes to the food processor and process until they resemble a sandy texture. Add the rolled oats and dates and process again. Then add all the remaining ingredients (except desiccated coconut) and process until a dough is formed.
- Scoop out the dough and form into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll the bliss balls in the desiccated coconut to coat. (Makes approximately 20).
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
You can substitute the almonds for any other type of nuts eg. hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans etc.
Health Food & Supplements